With the new redesign of WooReports, we not only changed the UI/UX, but the entire solution.
WooReports is composed of:
- a WordPress plugin which exposes store data through a secure and authorized method – we call this API, and
- a responsive and modern user interface which allows data access and perform analysis – we call this Dashboard (following this link for a quick overview), accessible at https://woo.report/dashboard/.
This article explains how WooReports API is installed and configured to work with WooReports Dashboard.
Install WooReports API (Free) from WordPress.org repository; this is a standard step for most WordPress/WooCommerce users. Make sure you have the previous versions of WooReports deactivated or uninstalled from your site.
Note 1: WooReports API is found at WordPress.org, https://wordpress.org/plugins/wooreports-free/
Note 2: For How To install a plugin, go to http://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/step-by-step-guide-to-install-a-wordpress-plugin-for-beginners/
Go to WooCommerce > Settings page > Integration tab > optionally, select WooReports if you have more than one tab and you should see this screen, where you need to specify the email address and the store path of your store; by default, these values will be pre-populated for you, make sure to change them accordingly. Click Save to proceed.
Note 1: In case your server can user secure http, then be sure to set it accordingly.
Note 2: Usually API security should be enabled; you can however disable it, but this will make WooReports API endpoints accessible by applications which are not authorized with WooCommerce.
You will be taken yo https://woo.report for to login/register your user and store your website path as a WooReports Store. Login/register to proceed.
Note 1: Make sure you are logged of from https://woo.report.
Note 2: In case you already have a user with https://woo.report, you need not to register another user, you can add your store to the existing list of stores.
You will be taken to your Account page, at WooReports Stores subpage, where you have all your stores listed, or just the newly created one. Each store will need to be authorized just one and you do that by clicking Authorize button, next to your store.
In case you have multiple stores, you can set one of them to be the default one, and it will be default selected when you access WooReports Dashboard.
- You will be taken to your store (your website) to perform autorization of your store with WooReports. You will need to login to your store (or, in case already logged in, you will skip this step)
You will be asked to accept authorization of WooReports with your store.
Note 1: In case you have logged to your store which has unsufficient privileges, then this process will fail. You need to be logged in with a user that holds manage_store capability; or, a user in any of these roles Administrator or a Store Manager.
- Once you authorize your store, you will be taken back to WooReports and your store will have read permissions set. No other actions can be performed your your store, unless you have several of them, thus allowing you to set only one as default, as previously mentioned.
- Click the top link Dashboard or follow this link, and you will be taken to WooReports Dashboard.